This educational day trip will take you to two of the most famous university cities in the UK – Oxford and Cambridge!
Walking Tour of Oxford
- Oxford is famous for being home to the oldest university in the English speaking world – countless bright young things have wandered the town’s cobbled streets over the years! During this guided walking tour you will see the stunning Bodleian Library and furtively discover unspoilt narrow alleyways, ancient squares and towering spires.
- Visit the renowned Christ Church College, where you can stroll through the quaint courtyards and mingle with students. Fans of the Harry Potter film series will be able to pick out key Christ Church filming locations – the college was used for a number of well-known scenes! The college’s Great Hall appeared as the setting for Hogwarts.
Free Lunch Pack – More Sightseeing Time
- To save you time, money and the struggle of finding somewhere to eat, our tour also includes a totally tasty Lunch pack! Avoid wasting time waiting for a meal in a restaurant - it means you can make the most of each stop and won’t waste valuable exploring time.
- You’ll get to visit the location of the University of Cambridge and the famous Senate House, once used for gatherings of the Council of the Senate and now a traditional venue for degree ceremonies. With its neoclassical architecture and rich history, you’ll get to learn more about its place in Cambridge culture.
- You’ll also see the beautiful Corpus Clock which stands outside the Taylor Library at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University. Hailed as one of the most innovative inventions of its time, this clock is a real sight to behold.
- Visiting the Mathematical Bridge is a real treat on your journey. Located southwest of Cambridge and on the River Cam, its design is truly one-of-a-kind. Built-in 1749 and designed by William Etheridge, it is built using only straight timbers although with a curvature design – it’s not to be missed!
King’s College Chapel
- Visit one of Cambridge’s main attractions – the world-famous King’s College Chapel. Dating back to 1446 when Henry VI began its build and finishing a century later, the building offers a wonderful look at gothic architecture both inside and out. With exquisite medieval stained glass windows and breathtaking acoustics, this extra-special stop gives you the perfect opportunity to learn more about King’s College and the home of the talented King’s College Choir.
The tour will then leave Cambridge and travel back to London for an estimated 7.00pm arrival.
1 April to 30 October
Days of departure: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Return (approx.): 7:00pm
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre Victoria, 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Return point: Kensington and Victoria area - subject to traffic congestion.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not receive a free lunch pack.
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
What is included in the tour
- Walking tour of Oxford and Cambridge
- Visit to Christ Church College
- Visit King's College
- Free Lunch Pack
- Professional guide
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
What is NOT included in the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Visit King’s College Chapel
- Entry to Christ Church College, a Harry Potter Film Location
- See the Bodleian Library
- Free Lunch Pack
- Walking Tour of Cambridge
- Professional Guide
- Luxury Air Conditioned Vehicle
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour! The hassle-free alternative.
- Free Wi-Fi On Board Our Coaches*
- This tour operates in English, Mandarin and Spanish