Whether you’re taking a literary pilgrimage, embarking on a historical adventure or simply want to visit one of the most outstandingly beautiful areas of England, this day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds is truly unforgettable.
- The first stop on the trip is the picturesque and richly historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon. Hometown to arguably the most revered writer on the planet, William Shakespeare, pay a visit to the beautiful half-timbered house within which the legendary playwright was born. Your expert guide will give you insights into his childhood and the way people lived back then.
Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
- Next up, is a visit to Shakespeare’s bride Anne Hathaway’s cottage and gardens. An unassuming, quaint thatched farmhouse, this amazing piece of history features many original items of family furniture, including the Hathaway bed. Surrounded by stunning gardens, see where Shakespeare courted his future bride.
- From 1st April, you’ll get to explore where it all began for the world’s famous writer at Shakespeare’s schoolroom. Explore the inspiring surroundings that spurred him to become the incredible playwright that we now know him as! Walk in Bard’s footsteps and learn of the lessons he would have taken. A fascinating insight into the early life of Shakespeare!
The Cotswolds - Bourton-on-the-water and Bibury
- The Cotswolds is an official Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the breathtaking scenery is dotted with tiny English villages that look like they have jumped out of a storybook. Enjoy photo stops at Bibury, a town that William Morris once described as ‘the most beautiful village in England’, Bourton-on-the-Water, known as ‘Little Venice’ due to its series of low bridges and tidy stones.
Free Lunch Pack – More Sightseeing Time
- To save you time, money and the struggle of finding somewhere to eat, our tour also includes a totally tasty Lunch pack! Avoid wasting time waiting for a meal in a restaurant - it means you can make the most of each stop and won’t waste valuable exploring time.
After a wonderful day of sightseeing, arrive back to London at the approximate time of 7:30 pm.
Days Of Operation:
April to November: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
December to March: Thursday & Saturday
Departure point: 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Kensington and Victoria areas - subject to traffic conditions.
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not receive a free lunch pack vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
What is included in the tour
- Entry to Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Entry to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Gardens
- Entry to Shakespeare's Schoolroom
- Photo stops at Bourton-on-the-Water and Bibury
- Free Lunch Pack
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Professional Guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Experience the glorious beauty and rich history of Shakespeare’s birthplace
- See the half-timbered house where the famous Bard was born
- Visit his bride Anne Hathaway’s cottage and garden
- Explore where it all began in Shakespeare's Schoolroom
- Take a trip to the Cotswolds – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Stop off at two picturesque towns – Bibury and Bourton-on-the-Water
- Includes a Free Lunch Pack
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour! The hassle-free alternative.
- This tour operates in English, Mandarin and Japanese